12 Things take into account before launching an E-commerce websites
Ecommerce is growing rapidly at fast pace and is one of the most valuable industries in today’s era. It has become an essential aspects of starting a business. Many new businesses predominantly uses online service. The prediction made by some of the experts shows that ecommerce will surpass $2 trillion in sales in the next few years. Ecommerce Development Company has made the process of online buying very easy and comfortable with just a click of the mouse and the product is yours.
Before launching an E-commerce websites, there are many items that needs to be checked, cross checked and tested to ensure that your customers have a pleasant experience.
The Ideal checklist for every new E-commerce website:
1. Best layout design for your homepage to grab more customers
The home page interface and navigation should be appealing for the ecommerce shoppers. The customers can be guided through the first few pages of the site with some extension and by making fine twist .
- Logo should be nicely designed.
- Browsers and devices compatibility.
- The home page should include promotional graphics and links.
- Multilingual E-commerce website enhances customer reach. .
- Link to the best trendy popular products and recent purchases.
- Calls to action button should be unique, that pushes people to important sales pages. .
- Promotional offers, special discounts, deals and free shipping options to be displayed. .
- The top of the website must have a clear search field.
- Find in store feature if essential. .
- An area to display latest ecommerce news. .
- To increase conversion rate display an area to search for popular brands. .
2. Make sure your site is mobile friendly:
Making your site mobile friendly is vital to capture the growing mobile customer base, as the mobile share of ecommerce sales grew to an exorbitant percent.
- Search Engine watch recommends to avoid using flash as most mobile browsers can’t deliver.
- Ensure the font’s links and buttons are big enough to use on mobile devices, with sufficient space between links and buttons so they are not too close to press accurately.
- In order to verify that your site is mobile friendly launch Google’s test tools to identify any problems that need to be fixed.
3.Optimize your landing pages and product pages
- Maximize your landing pages and product pages for maximum conversion rates, and for turning a profit.
- Your landing page layout should pass a blink test, means if someone looks at your landing page for few seconds and blinks, they should already be able to tell what When a user browse through your page he should be able to know, what your value proposition is and how to access your offer.
- Make sure URLs, titles and Meta descriptions are optimized for search engines.
- Use images that reflect what user will get after responding to your offer, with alt-text for users who aren’t able to see your image.
- Top navigation menu should be avoided, which can distract visitors from your offer.
- Used customized copy on the button for responding to your offer, with language communicating specific instructions.
- Make sure your product page titles have languages that employs keywords users who want your product will be searching on.
- It should include key details that might be used as search terms.
- List bullets that explicate your product’s benefits, along with a benefit oriented description.
- Include other sales business, such as case studies, statistics, testimonials and reviews.
- Use images that show your product details, with shots showing angles of your product, which will help the users to make buying decisions.
4. Ecommerce site management and look:
Every ecommerce website requires constant management and moderation.
- Verify thoroughly that the whole site is running properly on all devices like mobile, tablet, desktop and every page looks good.
- Visitors should be assured that their transactions are safe and protected with security certificates, encryption and reminders throughout the website.
- Customers can focus their attention on your products and information if the design is of simple style.
- Analyse and improve the speed of your E-commerce site with regular testing the page loading speed across different parts of the world-Pingdom is a nice tool for this.
- Identify the broken links with the help of Google Analytics, track website performance, fill in empty product pages.
- To deliver decent user experience, make sure you have categories specific sorting and filtering options that is important to the user’s product finding abilities.
- Convert visitors and build impressive email popup form by using more email sign up forms.
- Sharing buttons, login box, tabs at the top of your ecommerce websites to categories and products.
- It is easier for the people to find the products and pages they need if breadcrumbs is applied on each page.
- In order to categories products a tabs should be placed at the top of your ecommerce websites.
- People wish to save items in shopping cart for a later time, to show shopping cart at the top.
- Increase sales for your business with payment security measure you take.
5. Test Checkout Process :
It is essential to test checkout process and eliminate any bugs before going live
- To make sure the checkout process work properly, it is essential to do testing by placing an order, processing, inventory, shipping, and to ensure that all taxes are correct.
- Do not make any changes to live prices and run your script in the script sand box test environment.
- Checkout process should offers editing features and cart summaries all through the process.
- Use of multiple payment options and security seals minimize buyer anxiety.
6. Set up Your customer service
In order to give customers a consistent experience, a support centre needs to be created. It has to be ensured that services processes are in place before launching, as most of the customers prefer self-services and go to a company’s website.
7.Ecommerce Product Pages
In successful ecommerce site product pages are the entrance to revenue and conversions.It acts as the virtual sales person and take customer from just browsing to actually adding products to cart, if clear information on each pages are displayed along with relevant tools, guides and media. When people are able to find your ecommerce site through search engines.
- The customers should be attracted and drawn towards the next step in the purchase.
- Design useful information in a manner that takes the customers through the buying process seamlessly and create a great user experience.
- Distracting elements can be reduced and product can be optimize by running an onsite analysis on user behaviour.
- Each ecommerce product must have customer reviews and ratings.
- Related product links to user defined product as they are more profitable.
- To make product images appealing, compelling and zoom able and implement more white space.
- Each page must have add to cart button.
- Put product title on the top right corner.
- Clearly communicate shipping and refund policies for increased customer satisfaction.
- Make unique product description and detailed enough to inspire buyer trust.
- To improve the user’s product finding experience display right kind of information and correct amount in each list item.
- Add multiple variants with quantities of a product to the cart with a single click.
- Display a field to change purchase quantities.
- Show scarcity and availability of each products so that people are eager to buy.
- Automatic shipping cost calculation based on the customers destination and tax calculations.
- Product review section so that people can comment on the product.
- Social media sharing button for each ecommerce product.
- Product page should load faster as home page.
- A live chat support option.
- Search engine ranking can be improve by including keywords on each page of ecommerce site.
- Special deals and discount for people who purchases multiple related items together.
- Display statistics on each product sales.
- Display of high quality videos and images.
- A sign up area for notifications, when the product is available.
- Video displaying the product specification.
- Each product page must have an Add to wish list button.
- A banner for sold out products, currency converter.
8. Increase value to the sites with blogs and media pages
Add additional content on completely separate pages to strengthen your brand. It helps to stand out from competitors.
- Showcase of companies activities and events
- Options of social sharing for blogs, recent events news
- Testimonial videos sharing with social media
- People’s reviews on products they have used with case studies
- Viewers comments on your blog
9.Customer Check Out, Shopping Cart and Wish list
Use the shopping cart and customer checkout area by pushing products and walking customers through the process quickly.
- Safe reliable payment processing by all payment methods.
- Free or low shipping charges to be offered
- Visually appealing checkout
- Checkout pages to be on the top and bottom of pages
- Explanation about how their product will be delivered
- Allow the customers to store their product to cart in case if they want to come back later
- People can continue to shop even after buying.
- Allow multiple shipping options to the customers which will be very convenient for them.
- To get discounts and other privileges include a field where customers may apply for promo codes.
- Allow free shipping option when the customer has spent certain amount.
- Security is an important aspects of any ecommerce business, make your checkout secure with firewalls and layers of security apart from SSL and PCI compliances.
- Make checkout process mobile friendly and easy to complete.
- Make checkout process as simple as possible to increase conversions.
- Provide round the clock live support (via chat or phone)
- Make account creation optional to avoid unnecessary burden on customer, give them an options to check out as guests. Or place the registration option at the end of the purchase process, instead of start. Place it on confirmation or thank you page.
10. Retention an ecommerce customer:
Retention of an existing customer is very important and less expensive compare to acquiring a new customer. Existing customers are more likely to bring in new business to your store via word of mouth and new referral.
- When the customers are highly interested with your business strike them with welcome email. Make welcome simple and warm thank you for the purchase.
- Send follow up asking about their experience with you so far and let them know the time they expect their shipment to arrive.
- Send customer support email to show them how to use and care for the product.
- Loyal customers needs to be send discount coupons to encourage them for another purchase.
- Be need fulfiller on your customers mind by connecting with your customers at healthy frequency.
- Idle customers can be reactivated with well time email. In order to re-engage your idle customers, automatically trigger an email crafted by you for the purpose. Use tools like receiptful and rejoiner.com to detect idle customers.
- To recover potential sales from shopping cart left abandoned at checkout trigger an email offering to help the customers, if they had any trouble completing their purchase.
- Provide customers with a link to track their shipping.
- Customer should be able to cancel the order.
- Provide future notification alerts for products.
11. Support Pages for Ecommerce site:
- Integrate 24/7 live chat customer support for most platforms, with just a couple of clicks your customers can contact you directly while they are browsing your website.
- Phone support and call back with a dedicated customer service team to handle your phone calls.
- FAQ section is necessary, as the customers may have most common questions and technical queries. It require only management to keep them up to date. Customers can check FAQ section before contacting company’s support.
- Integrate a ticketing system into your customer support workflow and track all communication from one tool.
- Now a days many customers prefer asking questions on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to receive quick responses about their queries. It is essential to keep an eye on social media and monitor all questions being asked there.
- Reach out to your customers through social media, this creates an atmosphere of trust helps to build an audience of loyal customers.
Make sure your website is set up to capture web data analytics. This valuable information allow to continually improve your websites going forward.
- Optimize your ecommerce strategy, with google analytics that can give you the data you need.
- E-commerce industries use analytics extensively to manage inventory.
- Insert web analytics codes on websites
- Analytics allows to connect sales to specific marketing channels.
- Synced properly Google analytics accounts and Google AdWords.
- Analytics helps to make necessary business decision.
Hire our talent pool of highly skilled and experienced developer to work entirely on your projects efficiently within the time frame and at cost saving rates. Contact Us